Project Sachamama Center for Biocultural Regeneration offer classes in the creation of a soil called ‘Terra Preta Del Indio’, (Black Earth of the Indians) which is a soil that is so fertile it can grow abundant crops permanently.
Permanently fertile soil
Learn how to regenerate ‘Terra Preta Del Indio’ soil through courses in:
- Biochar: which never decomposes: the oldest strata of this soil have been dated to be 8500 years old. Biochar persists as does its fertility! Its porosity and its durability mean that nutrients attach to it forever. Biochar not only sequesters C02 from the atmosphere, it keeps the C02 from escaping once it is back in the soil again.
- Micro-organisms: which play a crucial role in the soil. They make it alive and the tens of thousands of micro-organisms help to decompose organic materials and have the capacity to cleanse the soil of toxicity, including heavy metals, antibiotics and hormones, which are digested and neutralized in their metabolism
- Broken ceramics: Through archeological research, it was discovered that ‘Tierra Preta Del Indio’ soil contained broken ceramics. Which may have come from offerings to the spirits in the food field or chacra. Even today, this practice is found among some elders in Lamas.
- Organic waste: Compost
Remember that all our package tours can be altered to suit your travelling needs.
Lamas 2D 1N – Hotel ‘Casa La Sangapilla’ – course in ‘Tierra Preta Del Indio’ (Black Earth of the Indians) – waterfall Chapawanki – plant treatments and Sauna
- Arrive at La Sangapilla Casa Hospedaje
- Introduction of the Program and activities
- Course in the making of ‘Tierra Preta’ black soil that will stay fertile forever.
- Free time – enjoy the facilities at Hotel ‘La Sangapilla’ relax in their Sauna and naturally treated swimming pool.
- Visit museums in Wayku native quarters
- Healthy meals which have grown in the black soil at La Sangapilla hotel
- Activities in the making of ‘Tierra Preta’ soil.
- Visit the waterfalls of Chapawanky, short (20 mins) walk
- Coffee and ice-cream break
- Return to the hotel
- Sauna and natural plant treatments, natural cures utilizing the many vaunted Amazonian medicinal plants found locally some of them used for inhalations in our sauna, as well as flower and plant baths, therapeutic massages, and the possibility of consulting with local healers.
- There is an ecological brick and clay oven where they bake pizzas, various meats and many other delicious dishes at the La sangapilla hotel
- Return to Tarapoto