Amazonian rivers are just full of magic!
OUR PACKAGE TOURS BELOW
There are many myths and legends connected to the rivers of the Amazon and because the people still believe them – the magic still exists.
If you ask local people from the villages along the River Huallaga, if they believe in mermaids, they will say: ‘When I was a small child I remember seeing a mermaid’ very matter of fact. ‘She looked a bit like you with blond hair and blue eyes – and with a blackish plum tail, that reflected in the light.’
I think if we are to travel along the rivers here we have to have this piece of magic in our minds. There is nothing else quite like it, on our planet.
- Journeys to the ‘Río Abiseo National Park,’ in Juanjui. The National Park was created in 1983 and declared by Unesco as a Cultural and Natural Heritage for Humanity.
- Journeys along the River Huallaga from Chazuta: ‘Pongo De Aguire’ point where the river changes from the high jungle to the lower Amazon, Cacao Island and Jumanchi springs.
- Journeys along the Samiria River located deep within the Amazon rainforest and accessible only by water. The Pacaya Samiria Reserve, also known as the “Mirrored Forest”, offers one of Peru’s most fertile havens for sighting Amazon mammals, birds and plants that thrive among its five million acres.
Remember that all our package tours can be altered to suit your traveling needs.
4D 3N – Amazon River Trips – Pacaya Samiria Reserve
Located in Yurimaguas, we have to journey by car from the city of Tarapoto for approximately 2-hours. Then by boat another 4-5 hours before we reach the reserve.
- Journey along the Samiria River.
- See pink and gray dolphins our boat travelling companions.
- See species of flora and fauna. Various wild animals such as birds monkeys, sloths, alligators among other similar animals, mammals, observation of nocturnal monkeys and musmuquis.
- Various amazing birds such as parrots, toucans and eagles.
3D 2N or 2D 1N – Waterfall Trail – journeying along the River Abiseo in the Breo National Park- Waterfall Breo.
- Water Route: Journey by boat to the Shihui Waterfall, Maquizapa Waterfall, Rudder Waterfall, Churo Ravine and Churo Cave.
- Visit the French Cave and the cave of the Otorongo (Jaguar.)
- River Trip, Circuit of water – set of waterfalls Veil of Bride, Box Ñahui and Waterfall Vicky, then impressive waterfall Breo.
- Campfire evenings.
3 Day trips – Pongo De Aguire – Water Trail
Travel by boat along the River Huallaga to reach El Pongo De Aguire. Visitors can get a feel for this untouched, wild Amazon, situated at the point where the river changes from the high jungle to the lower Amazon
El Pongo de Aguirre is famous for the story of Aguirre, represented in the film ‘Aguirre, the Wrath of God’ in 1972.
- Journey by boat apox. 3 hours, arrive at the thermal baths of Achinamiza. Waters reach temperatures of 40ºC with a high content of sulphur and iron.
- Reach the community of Achinamiza where we will spend the night in the village hostel.
- Walk to the waterfall of Achinamiza
- Journey 2 hours by boat to the cacao island.
- Back to Chazuta – Courses: Agriculture and cacao farming.
- Overnight stay at Joyce V Barter Cultural center.
- Learn about the process of making chocolate and sample the most amazing energetic chocolate.
Chocolate Route – 2 Day Chocolate Route:
Cacao Island – Jumanch Springs
Courses in agroforestry and chocolate making
Nature Trail – 1 Day Trips – Chazuta
Jumanchi Springs – Cacao Island – one hour walk
- Early start, breakfast at –‘Joyce V Bartra’ sculpture gallery.
- Journey down the River Huallaga, passing native communities along the way.
- Visit an island that produces 6 hectors of organic cacao.
- Explore cacao plantations (brief explanation of the cacao island farm and learn about cacao production.)
- Lunch picnic in nature
- Furthering on down the river to Jumanchi Springs – one hour walk.
- Swim in the springs relax in nature.
- Journey back to Chazuta (1 half hours.)
- Amazing food grown in the gardens of RBM