Amazonian Rivers are just full of magic!
OUR PACKAGE TOURS BELOW
There are many myths and legends connected to the rivers of the Amazon and because the people still believe them – the magic still exists.
If you ask local people from the villages along the River Huallaga, if they believe in mermaids, they will say:
‘When I was a small child I remember seeing a mermaid’ very matter of fact.
‘She looked a bit like you with blond hair and blue eyes – and with a blackish plum tail, that reflected in the light.’
I think if we are to travel along the rivers here we have to have this piece of magic in our minds. There is nothing else quite like it, on our planet.
We offer: journeys to the ‘Río Abiseo National Park,’ in Juanjui. The National Park was created in 1983 and declared by Unesco as a Cultural and Natural Heritage for Humanity.
Journeys along the River Huallaga from Chazuta. ‘Pongo De Aguire’ point where the river changes from the high jungle to the lower Amazon. Stay overnight in the village of Achinamiza. Get a feel of village life along the River Huallaga. Cacao Island and Jumanchi springs.
Remember that all our package tours can be altered to suit your traveling needs.
3D 2N or 2D 1N – Waterfall Trail – journeying along the River Abiseo in the Breo National Park- Waterfall Breo.
- Water Route: Journey by boat to the Shihui Waterfall, Maquizapa Waterfall, Rudder Waterfall, Churo Ravine and Churo Cave.
- Visit the French Cave and the cave of the Otorongo (Jaguar.)
- River Trip, Circuit of water – set of waterfalls Veil of Bride, Box Ñahui and Waterfall Vicky, then impressive waterfall Breo.
- Campfire evenings.
4D 3N – Pongo De Aguire – Water Trail
Travel by boat along the River Huallaga to reach El Pongo De Aguire. Visitors can get a feel for this untouched, wild Amazon, situated at the point where the river changes from the high jungle to the lower Amazon
El Pongo de Aguirre is famous for the story of Aguirre, represented in the film ‘Aguirre, the Wrath of God’ in 1972.
- Journey by boat apox. 3 hours, arrive at the thermal baths of Achinamiza. Waters reach temperatures of 40ºC with a high content of sulphur and iron.
- Reach the community of Achinamiza where we will spend the night in the village hostel.
- Walk to the waterfall of Achinamiza
- Learn how to fish or make artisania, ceramics, basket weaving.
- Journey 2 hours by boat to the land of Jumanchi, short walk for about an hour to springs and waterfalls in the centre of undisturbed rainforest.
- Back to Chazuta – Choice of Courses: Agriculture and cacao farming, artisan ceramics or paper making.
- Learn about the process of making chocolate and sample the most amazing energetic chocolate.