OUR PACKAGE TOURS BELOW
Sacharuna Adventure just loves Chocolate!
For thousands of years, people have considered cacao as a sacred plant with potent healing properties.
People are also re-discovering the spiritual uses of cacao to facilitate work in the inner realms. Cacao is a powerful heart-opener, increasing blood flow. It increases focus so that meditation, yoga and therapeutic work are more accessible.
Mishky Cacao Chocolate Factory
HISTORY – cacao farms in Peru
Many farmers in the region of San Martin around 10 years ago gave up its illegal growing of coca opting to take part in a program to replace these plants with cacao which in the long term was more financially beneficial for the farmers and the environment as a whole.
Perhaps the first chocoholics in history were the Mayans who were very open about their love for cacao. They wrote about cacao as “the food of the gods!”
Health benefits of cacao:
- Protein and healthy fats
- Essential vitamins, minerals
- vitamin C
- Natural sulfur
- B-complex vitamins
- Lower risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and obesity
- Good for the heart, increasing blood flow and adding vitality and energy to our bodies
- Powerful anti-oxidants.
- Boost the immune system
- Aphrodisiac, increasing sensitivity and inciting passion.
Remember that all our package tours can be altered to suit your traveling needs.
5D 4N Pure Chocolate Experience: cacao farms in Peru |Chazuta – Lamas – Pucacaca
- ‘Rio Bosque Magico:’ organic cacao, Heriberto’s family farm.
- Waterfall Tununtunumba, hiking trail (4-hour walk – optional.)
- Amazon river trip, along the River Huallaga.
- Cacao Island, Amazon rainforest river trip.
- ‘Allima Cacao’ born as an association of growers out of counter drug trafficking initiatives.
- ‘Terra Preta Del Indio’ (Black Earth of the Indians) a soil so fertile it can grow abundant crops permanently.
- ‘Makao Peru’ private company located in the district of Pucacaca.
3 day trip: Amazon Rainforest River Trip:
Cacao Island | organic cacao Peru | Jumanchi Springs | river springs swimming
- River trip: Journey along the River Huallaga.
- Visit an island that produces 6 hectors of cacao | organic cacao Peru.
- 1 – 1/2 walk Jumanchi springs and pools | walking route.
- Course in chocolate making and cacao farm.
- Choice of courses: ecological paper and ceramics course.
2 day trip: Chocolate Making Adventure:
Amazon Rainforest River Trip: Cacao Island | cacao farms in Peru | Jumanch Springs | crystal river springs swimming |courses in agroforestry and chocolate making.
1 day trip: Heriberto’s Farm | Family vacations |organic cacao |1-hour walk
1 day trip: Amazon Rainforest River Trip:
Cacao Island | cacao farm| hiking route | Baduraca cacao fields.
1 day trip:Amazon Rainforest River Trip| Cacao Island | organic cacao farm |chocolate making | chocolate factory
Adventure we will never forget
My partner and I went on the three day cacao tour and we had no idea how incredible it would be. Daniel is a wonderful, kind and informative tour guide who took us off the beaten track to experience the true essence of the Amazon Jungle and surrounding villages. We had tours to cacao plantations, where the owners explained the procedure on growing & producing cacao, we ate delicious traditional meals with a beautiful local family, swam in a rock pool in the amazon, had a tour of the local museum & made pottery. This trip is incredibly inspiring and you will come away feeling connected with Pachamama & have a deep appreciation for the love and work that goes into chocolate production. We would highly recommend this tour. Thank you Daniel, Heriberto & family – we will never forget this trip.