OUR PACKAGE TOURS BELOW
Lamas is one of the most important provinces in the region San Martin, for its great cultural wealth, inhabited by over 3000 Indigenous Quechua speakers and Chazuta is considered “Cultural patrimony of the San Martin Region” because of it’s great contribution to archaeology and popular art, many reasons to be proud.
So thanks to you we can keep these traditions alive.
- How to make ceramic bowls using the technique of rolls of clay. Paint your bowl using clay and stones collected locally. Fire your pot in a Shuntu fire.
- Weave a chumbe (a colourful belt with many ancient symbols.)
- Basket weaving.
- Ecological paper from coconut and banana stems.
If you would like to fire your work on a Shuntu then you will have to return 5 days after making your pot to give the clay time to dry.
Remember that all our package tours can be altered to suit your traveling needs.
5D 4N Full Culture: San Roque De Cumbaza, Chazuta and Lamas
- Sachaqa Centro De Arte: you will stay at an ecological art center and feel a part of our Sachaqa artist community.
- Quechua Lamista village of Chunchiwi (1 half hour walk.) – learn ceramics or chumbe weaving.
- Lamas: Waycu native quarters – where you can buy artisan goods and local foods – see traditional dances.
- Short drive to the – Indigenous village of Chiricyacu – sample traditional dishes- indigenous artisan courses in ceramics or chumbe weaving.
- San Roque De Cumbaza: Learn how to make a local dish called Juane (rice dish cooked in a leaf,) with local women who pass this knowledge from generation to generation. Most women who grew up in the Jungle know how to make good Juane.
- Chazuta: Workshop learn how to make an Ocrarina (type of ceramic flute)
- Over night stay at ‘Cultural Center Joyce V Barter.’
- Amazon River Trip – Journey by boat for half an hour to the community of Shilcayo.
- Visit a honey colony of small stingless bees called ‘Ramichi.’
3 Day Trip: San Roque De Cumbaza and Lamas – Nature and Cultural Trail – Chirapamanta Ecolodge.
- San Roque De cumbaza: Quechua Lamista village of Chunchiwi (30 minute walk)
- Workshops in basic ceramics or chumbe weaving
- Angelica’s Family Farm
- Waterfall Huacamaillo (3-hour walk in total)
- Overnight stay and dinner at Chirapamanta Ecolodge.
- Lamas: Castle of Lamas, Waycu native quarters.
2 Day Trip: Waycu native quarters – courses in handicrafts – indigenous village of Chiricyacu
- Overnight stay at Valencia wasi in the Community of Chiricyacu.
- ‘Castle of Lamas’ where you will see views over the town of Lamas.
- The native neighborhood of Wayku where you will see traditional dance.
- Chanka Museum.
- Community of Chiricyacu.
- Courses in chumbe, ceramics or basket weaving, with the indigenous artisans.
1 Day Trip: Chazuta – Courses in ecological paper and ceramics plus a visit to the archeological museum
- Learn how to make natural paper at a small artisanal ecological paper factory.
- Traditional and regional foods at Rio Bosque Magico (vegetarian option)
- Learn how to make a basic ceramic shape with a group of women of the Chazutino culture.
- Visit the archaeological museum and art gallery.