Indigenous traditional practices and cultural pride.
OUR PACKAGE TOURS BELOW
Lamas is one of the most important provinces in the region San Martin, for its great cultural wealth, inhabited by over 3000 Indigenous Quechua speakers and Chazuta is considered “Cultural patrimony of the San Martin Region” because of it’s great contribution to archaeology and popular art, many reasons to be proud.
So thanks to you we can keep these traditions alive.
Remember that all our package tours can be altered to suit your traveling needs.
5D 4N Full Culture: San Roque De Cumbaza, Chazuta and Lamas
- Sachaqa Centro De Arte: you will stay at an ecological art center and feel a part of our Sachaqa artist community.
- Quechua Lamista village of Chunchiwi (1 half hour walk.) – learn ceramics or chumbe weaving.
- Lamas: Waycu native quarters – where you can buy artisan goods and local foods – see traditional dances.
- Short drive to the – Indigenous village of Chiricyacu – sample traditional dishes- indigenous artisan courses in ceramics or chumbe weaving.
- San Roque De Cumbaza: Learn how to make a local dish called Juane (rice dish cooked in a leaf,) with local women who pass this knowledge from generation to generation. Most women who grew up in the Jungle know how to make good Juane.
- Chazuta: Workshop learn how to make a ceramic flute called ‘Ocarina.’
- Over night stay at ‘Cultural Center Joyce V Barter.’
- Amazon River Trip – Journey by boat for half an hour to the community of Shilcayo.
- Visit a honey colony of small stingless bees called ‘Ramichi.’
3 Day Trips: San Roque De Cumbaza and Lamas – Nature and Cultural Trail – Chirapamanta Ecolodge.
- San Roque De cumbaza: Quechua Lamista village of Chunchiwi (1 half hour walk)
- workshops in basic ceramics or chumbe weaving
- Angelica’s Family Farm
- Waterfall Huacamaillo (3-hour walk in total)
- Overnight stay and dinner at Chirapamanta Ecolodge.
- Lamas: Castle of Lamas, Waycu native quarters.
2 Day Trips – Lamas
Waycu native quarters – courses in handicrafts – indigenous village of Chiricyacu – hotel ‘Casa La Sangapilla’
- Overnight stay at La Casa La Sangapilla, naturally treated swimming pool.
- ‘Castle of Lamas’ where you will see views over the town of Lamas.
- The native neighborhood of Wayku where you will see traditional dance.
- Dinner using organic food that is grown in the garden at Casa la Sangapilla (if you would like Pizza to let us know in advance.)
- Chanka Museum.
- Community of Chiricyacu.
- Courses in chumbe, ceramics or basket weaving, with the indigenous artisans.
Prices: 2PAX – $210USD per person
Inclusions: English speaking tour guide, meals, private car – Tarapoto to Lamas – Chiricyacu, courses, museums, overnight stay at Casa La Sangapilla.
1 Day Trips – Chazuta – Courses in ecological paper, ceramics. and museums.
- Learn how to make natural paper at a small artisanal ecological paper factory.
- Traditional and regional foods at Rio Bosque Magico (vegetarian option)
- Learn how to make a basic ceramic shape with a group of women of the Chazutino culture.
- Visit archaeological museum and art gallery.
Treat yourself to a unique, one of a kind cultural experience!
This is not your typical cookie cutter tour operation. Highly recommended for those seeking a relaxed, yet up close and personal experience with the local culture and environment. Daniel our guide took us from San Roque to Lamas where were met with a local family who showed us the exquisite art of chumbe weaving. Everything about it was very hands on. Daniel even took some great pictures for us! After weaving, we were served lunch at a restaurant in San Roque and then went for swim in the river. Lunch was good and the family there very friendly and gracious. Daniel was also very flexibility to accommodate time based on our interests and how we wanted to spend the day. Overall, a great time had all around. This is a must do if you find yourself in Tarapoto.