Visit: fragile, pristine, and relatively undisturbed natural areas.
Ecotourism has been considered a critical endeavor by environmentalists, so that future generations may experience destinations relatively untouched by human intervention.
To promote and protect the Amazon rainforest and the traditions of her people.
Remember that all our package tours can be altered to suit your travelling needs.
6D 5N – Indulgence into Nature
Walking Route – Families – San Roque De Cumbaza and Chazuta
- San Roque De Cumbaza: Ecological Viewpoints, Anakiwi River and Canopy Zip-Line 150 meters – Sculpture Trail – in the conservation area ‘Cordillera Escalera.’
- Huacamaillo Waterfall (3-hour walk.)
- Ecolodge Chirapamanta – swimming and relaxing by the River Cumbaza.
- Chazuta: Amazon River Trip – Cacao Island – Jumanchi springs.
- Course in Agroforestry and the making of energetic chocolate.
Choice between: Hike to Tununtunumba Waterfall passing the cacao fields of Rio Bosque or short walk to cacao fields only.
5D 4N – Amazon Experience
Cultural Trail – Nature Trail: Lamas to San Roque – Hike
3 Day Trips of this experience
- Lamas: Waycu Native quarters – see traditional dances in the plaza and opportunity to buy artisan crafts.
- Hotel ‘Casa La Sangapilla.’
- Chapawanki Waterfall.
- Indigenous village of Chiricyacu.
- San Roque De Cumbaza: Seated in the conservation area ‘ Cordillera Escalera’ – 100 m Waterfall Toroyacu.
- Ending in the village of San Roque De Cumbaza – Chirapa Manta Ecolodge.
3 Day Trips – Pure Nature – San Roque De Cumbaza
100 m waterfall Toroyacu – in the conservation area ‘ Cordillera Escalera’ – San Roque De Cumbaza – Hike
2 Day Trip of this adventure
- Anakiwi crystal clear river.
- Situlli Ecolodge – sleep surrounded by nature in basic but comfortable accommodation – Canopy Zip-Line 150 meter of distance.
- Ecological Viewpoints – Sculpture Trail.
- Natural phenomenon Hatun Rumi ‘Big Rock’ – picnic lunch in nature.
- 100m Toroyacu Waterfall.
- Dinner around the campfire – camping.
- 3-hour return trek to San Roque.
- Time to swim in the River Cumbaza and relax.
2 Day Trip – Chazuta
Nature Trail : Waterfall Tununtunumba (3-hour hike) – chocolate course – Chazutayacu sulphur springs (2-hour hike)
Prices: 2PAX – $180USD per person
Inclusions: Welcome drink, 2 lunch, dinner, coffee and cake/ private car – Tarapoto to Chazuta/ courses and hikes/ Overnight stay at Joyce V Barter Cultural Center
1 Day – San Roque De Cumbaza – nature trails
Ecological Viewpoints, Anakiwi River and Canopy Zip-Line 150 meter
One hour walk to the crystal waters of Añakiwi River- Canopy Zip-Line 150 meter – Ecological viewpoints – sculpture trail – in the conservation area ‘ Cordillera Escalera.’
- 1-hour hike to Añakiwi River.
- Swim and relax surrounded by nature – Añakiwi River.
- Situlli Ecolodge – Canopy Zip-Line 150 meter of distance (optional)
- Lunch at the lodge.
- 30 min walk to Ecological Viewpoints and Sculpture Trail ‘Monument Of The Jungle.’
- Walking down to San Roque, tour of the village.
- coffee and cake.
- Return journey to Tarapoto.
Prices: 2PAX – $40USD per person
Inclusions: 1 lunch, coffee and cake/ private car – Tarapoto to San Roque/ Zip line
Other Eco-tour activities:
Butterfly’s of San Roque De Cumbaza
Breathtaking hike up through the forest to spectacular views. Daniel is a great guide who feeds you with knowledge every step of the way. If you really keep your eyes peeled you notice all the different species of birds, incredible insects and the diversity of the plant life. Its a magical place with some jaw dropping views once you get to the top. After your hike you he takes you down to the village where you can swim in the river and afterwards eat a beautiful meal made by locals in the village. Highly recommend it.