OUR PACKAGE TOUR BELOW
‘Aguirre, the Wrath of God’ Film 1972
Amazon River Trips
Village of Achinamiza
A paradise with virgin forest and only 829 settlers. Visit the waterfall of Achinamiza, learn about the rich biodiversity, medicinal plant along the way. An opportunity to spend time in the most beautiful remote jungle village, where the main economic activity is agriculture, coffee, maize, rice, bananas, and livestock: cattle, sheep, chickens and fishing.
- Journey to Chazuta
- Welcome drink
- Journey by boat approx. 3 hours, arrive at the thermal baths of Achinamiza. Waters reach temperatures of 40ºC with a high content of sulphur and iron
- Lunch box in the nature.
- El Pongo De Aguire point where the River Huallaga changes from the high jungle to the lower Amazon
- Reach the community of Achinamiza where we will spend the night in the village hostel.
- Meet local people learn about life in Achinamiza.
- Traditional food, harvested from the land and river.
- Stories by the campfire
- Overnight stay in the village hotel.
- Breakfast – fruit and oats.
- Early morning walk to the waterfall of Achinamiza (45mins.)
- Journey 2 hours by boat to the cacao island.
- Picnic snack in nature.
- Learn about cacao harvesting and production.
- 2 hour journey back to Chazuta.
- Amazing Dinner at ‘Rio Bosque Magico.’
- Overnight stay at Joyce V Barter Cultural Center.
- visit museums and chocolate factory Mishky Cacao.
- Lunch at ‘Rio Bosque Magico’
- Learn about the process of making chocolate and sample the most amazing energetic chocolate
- End of your Trip.
Prices: 2PAX – $300USD per person
Inclusions: translated guided tours – English, Meals – 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners, Transport – private car, private boat, Accommodation – Hostel Achinamiza (with basic facilities) (1 nights), Joyce V Barter Cultural Center (1 night).