Chesnut-eared aracari Photo: Hugo Muligh
This route is designed for travelers who love nature and love walking. The walks can be tough for some so it is essential you are fit and able. It would be a great adventure and challenge for some people.
Pure nature in the Peruvian Amazon. You will see many plants, insects, and BIRDS . The pools, rivers and water spots are out of this world, you will feel alone in paradise.
Day 1: San Roque Natural Viewpoints
- Arrive in San Roque.
- 1 hour walk to the natural viewpoints.
- Walk back to the village, swim in the River Cumbaza.
- Lunch in town.
- Continuing on to ‘Situlli Eco lodge’ where you will stay overnight. Sleep surrounded by nature in basic but comfortable accommodation.
- Canopy Zip-Line 150 meter of distance.
- Dinner at the lodge.
- Night walk.
Tangara arcoiris Photo: Hugo Muligh
Day 2: Camping in the Conservation area ‘Cordillera Escalera
- Early birdwatching walk.
- Brekfast in Situlli ecolodge.
- We start to walk in direction towards the Regional Proctection Area Cordillera Escalera, here we will camp.
- Swimming in the refreshing pools of Añaquiwi creek.
- After the refreshing bath , we continue going up in to the Cordillera Escalera Area.
- Lunch in nature.
- Walking a long the trails inside the reserve, here we will see different species of birds.
- Camp in nature
Day 3 Birding in nature, going back to San Roque
- Early birdwatching walk
- Breakfast in nature
- Hiking and birding in nature
- Walk back to the village, of San Roque
- Lunch in town’
- End of your trip –back to Tarapoto.
Include: Tour leader, local guide private transportation, lodging, camping equipment, fooding (2 breakfast, 3 lunch’s, 2 dinners) , canopy, zip line).