Visit organic chocolate plantations, learn about agroforestry and how to prepare the most amazing energetic chocolate. Journey by boat along the River Huallaga, passing native communities along the way to an island that produces 6 hectors of cacao trees. Visit chocolate factories that produce high-quality chocolate – certificated to export.
- 5D 4N Pure Chocolate Experience: Chazuta – Lamas – Pucacaca
This route is for travelers who love chocolate. You will learn all about the process of growing organic cacao beans and how to make chocolate – from professionals who are passionate about their work.
- 3 Day Trips – Combination – Amazon River Trip: Cacao Island – Jumanchi Springs. Chocolate and Artisanal Courses.
- 1 Day Trips – Amazon River Trip: Heriberto’s family farm – Cacao Island.
- 1 Day Trips – Heriberto’s Family Farm -1-hour walk through cacao fields.
Village Family Farms
Spend a day in a village Farm, learn about growing organic food and the many medicinal plants growing wild in the jungle. See how it is to live a self-sustainable lifestyle.
•Ediberto’s Family Farm – one hour walk – courses in chocolate making.
Learn how to make soil that will stay fertile forever
The most important part of organic Agriculture is the production of rich, black soil. Sacharuna offers courses through project ‘sachamama,’ in a Pre-Columbian method called ‘Tierra Preta Del Indio,’ soil that stays fertile forever.
2D 1N – Black Earth Of the Indians – Lamas
Based in two conservation areas ‘Cordillera Escalera’ and the ‘Cordillera Azul National Park.’
Adventure through relatively unexplored rainforest, passing indigenous communities along the way. Waterfalls including: 100m Toroyacu, 40m Tununtunumba and Huacamaillo.
Hiking, camping, swimming in river pools, sulphur springs, journeys by boat along the River Huallaga, a sculpture trail leading to lookout point – ‘Cordillera Escalera’ national park and much more.
Picnics and short walks for the whole family!
San Roque De Cumbaza
- 5D 4N Indulgence into Nature: Walking Route (short walks) – Families – San Roque De Cumbaza and Chazuta
This route is designed for travelers who love nature and love walking – but not quite able to hike too far.
- 5D 4N Amazon Experience: Cultural Trail – Lamas to San Roque – Hike
- 3 Day Trips – Pure Nature: Hike – San Roque De Cumbaza
100 m Waterfall Toroyacu – Añakiwi spirings – Natural phenomenon Hatun Rumi ‘Big Rock’ – in the conservation area ‘ Cordillera Escalera’
- 2 Day Trips – Nature Trail – Waterfall Tununtunumba (3 hour hike) – chocolate course – sulphur springs (2 hour hike)
Experience native communities of the Quechua Lamista and Chazutino cultures. Sacharuna Adventure – offers trips to indigenous communities where you can visit: museums, take part in local festivals, learn from indigenous artisans and experience traditional and regional cuisine.
- 6D 5N – Combination – Nature Trail – Cultural Trail – Amazon River Trips – Chocolate Route.
This route welcomes families with children older than seven. The walks are usually around one hour. There is much to learn and experience with this combination route. You can explore a little of everything Sacharuna Adventure has to offer.
- 3 Day Trips – Lamas to San Roque Cumbaza – HIKE – Nature and Cultural Trail – Chirapamanta Ecolodge
Learn directly from indigenous artisans how to make ceramic bowls, weave chumbes ( a colorful belt with many ancient symbols,) weave a basket and make ecological paper from the banana tree.
Courses in ceramics and ecological paper. There are some really interesting museums showcasing pre-Inca funerary urns and the Joyce V Barter cultural center.
The Chazutinos possess a dynamic culture expressing themselves artistically through its ceramics. The ceramics have always played a vital role in the community, making Chazutinos famous for being bona fide potters.
- 2 Day Trips – Full Culture: Chazuta and San Roque De Cumbaza – Chirapa Manta Ecolodge.
- 1 Day Trips: Chazuta: courses in traditional ceramics and chocolate route
Sacharuna offers journeys to the ‘Río Abiseo National Park,’ in Juanjui. The National Park was created in 1983 and declared by Unesco as a Cultural and Natural Heritage for Humanity.
Journeys on the River Huallaga from Chazuta. ‘Pongo De Aguire’ point where the river changes from the high jungle to the lower Amazon. Stay overnight in the village of Achinamiza. Get a feel of village life along the River Huallaga. Cacao Island and Jumanchi springs.
- 3D 2N or 2D 1N – Waterfall Trail – journeying along the River Abiseo in the Breo National Park- Waterfall Breo
- 4D 3N – Pongo De Aguire – Water Trail
all our package tours can be altered to suit your travelling needs –